Aflevering 18 staat online op YouTube, met daarin de volgende onderwerpen:
– Lokaal synchroniseren van SharePoint teamsites nu ook mogelijk met de nieuwe “next-gen” OneDrive for Business sync client (1:56)
– Nieuwe filters op de Actieve Gebruikers pagina in het Office 365 Beheercentrum (4:00)
– Versturen van e-mail namens een Office 365 Groep (5:05)
– Nieuwe Link web part (7:07)
– Nieuwe PowerBI web part (8:49)
Bekijk aflevering 18 hier:
Summary: This blog post will show you how to configure Hybrid Auditing in SharePoint 2016. It will also point out some considerations when deploying this new feature.
Microsoft released a new hybrid feature for SharePoint 2016: Hybrid Auditing. This feature will automatically upload your on-premises user activity logs to Office 365, so administrators can generate reports for users across SharePoint on-premises and Office 365.
* Note: This feature is still in preview! The configuration and capabilities might change in the future. read more…
Aflevering 17 van mijn Cloud Journaal staat op YouTube. In deze aflevering de volgende onderwerpen:
– Persoonlijke startpagina instellen in Office 365 (1:54)
– Downloaden van meerdere documenten tegelijk (2:48)
– Nieuwe admin rapportages (3:59)
– Bestandenoverzicht in Office 365 Groups (8:37)
– Nieuwspagina’s in moderne teamsites (11:08)
– Mailboxen in Exchange Online Plan 2 abonnementen naar 100 GB (14:47)
Bekijk aflevering 17 hier:
In aflevering 16 van Maarten’s Cloud Journaal staat maar één onderwerp centraal: Microsoft Teams. In deze iets langere aflevering dan normaal (bijna 20 minuten) laat ik zien hoe Teams werkt, wat je er mee kunt, hoe het gebaseerd is op Office 365 Groups, hoe je het aanzet in je Office 365 omgeving en hoe je Connectors kunt gebruiken om signalen uit externe systemen in Teams te laten landen.
Bekijk aflevering 16 hier:
For our migration project we wanted to create a report in Power BI to give our stakeholders insight in the progress our project made. For this situation we created a Power BI report in the desktop application of Power BI. The project team makes use of a SharePoint Online site to manage the progress of the migration. For this we have created several lists inside SharePoint Online and created a workflow on our main list “PortalsOverview”. read more…
Summary: Regularly we come across clients that want to open documents from or save documents to SharePoint but are getting errors doing so. In this article you will find some of these situations and errors, and a possible solutions of course. read more…
Summary: this post is to show how you can use SharePoint Designer (2013) to create an item in another list in another site (collection).
If you have ever tried to support a business process within SharePoint with one of the default workflow functionalities, you probably came to the conclusion that you would need to build everything in the same site as there are no ready-to-use actions in a SharePoint Designer Workflow to create a list item in another site or another site collection. I would like to show how you can support the business better by creating items from one site to another site by using the default SharePoint Designer 2013 Workflow actions. read more…
Summary: This post provides an overview of all hybrid SharePoint features that were released by Microsoft for SharePoint 2013 and SharePoint 2016.
During Ignite 2016 in Atlanta, Microsoft released some really cool hybrid features, that I would like to share some information about. The really cool thing about this is that they are not only available for SharePoint 2016, but Microsoft actually made most of them available in SharePoint 2013. The following table will show the availability per feature, so you know which one is available to your environment.
For more information on any specific hybrid feature, click the feature in the table below.
|Hybrid Feature||SharePoint 2013||SharePoint 2016|
|Federated hybrid search (1)||RTM||RTM|
|Cloud Hybrid Search (1)||August 2015 CU (2)||RTM|
|Extensible App Launcher (1)||July 2016 CU||RTM|
|Profile redirection||Service Pack 1||RTM|
|Hybrid sites (1)||September 2016 CU||RTM|
|Hybrid taxonomy (preview) (1)||September 2016 CU||Feature Pack 1|
|Hybrid Auditing (preview) (1)||Feature Pack 1|
(1) Breaks ALL existing server-to-server trusts. Provider-hosted add-ins are the most commonly found that use server-to-server trust. Make sure to read this blog post for a solution.
(2) There have been major improvements in the CU’s after the initial August 2015 CU for Cloud Hybrid Search. I advise downloading the last CU that has no regressions.
In the last months I have been actively configuring and testing hybrid capabilities in SharePoint 2013. If you have any questions during configuring hybrid features in SharePoint, make sure to contact me on Twitter for the fastest response! I’ll be glad to help with any question.
Aflevering 15 van mijn Cloud Journaal staat live op YouTube. Deze aflevering komen de volgende onderwerpen aan bod:
– Kopiëren van bestanden van OneDrive for Business naar SharePoint Teamsites (2:34)
– Teamsite integratie met Office 365 Groups (5:18)
– Externe gebruikers in Office 365 Groups (6:52)
– Audit logs in Beveiliging en Compliance Center (12:16)
– Kopiëren en plakken van Office 365 Video link in OneNote (15:34)
Bekijk aflevering 15 hier:
When it is necessary to create or update a manual such as an instruction, guideline or tutorial, SharePoint Wiki is a noteworthy consideration. A Wiki can be integrated in a SharePoint Intranet or Teamsite.
SharePoint Wiki include but is not limited to the following advantages:
- Permission levels can be set per Wiki library, thereby controlling who can edit and who can read;
- Editors can add, update or delete information instantly and thereby avoiding to download, edit and upload Word- or PDF documents;
- The search engine enables the user to search for subjects and part of texts;
- Can be designed to be appealing for users by uploading media such as images;
- Version history is automatically enabled, making it possible to see changes over time and to see the editor who created the changes (also to recover earlier changes);
- Easy to link Wiki pages to other pages and thereby also creating one place to manage information;
- Check-in, Check-out functionality;
- Can be used on tablets and mobile phones;
- Creating Wiki templates to create consistent information is possible.
As indicated, a SharePoint Wiki can be utilized for numerous purposes. One example is the creation of a HR handbook:
Example HR handbook
Company X is a large multinational. HR guidelines are placed in a 100+ pages HR handbook. Employees find it difficult to find the right information on the right page. Cross references are placed on so many pages that employees keep going back and forth through these pages. The HR department is constantly being called for information request that is also in the handbook but difficult to find. Also, each time when updates/revisions are necessary, the HR department needs to upload a whole new version of the handbook and keep an elaborate administration of versions and changes. This consumes both time and resources.
HR decides to put the handbook in a Wiki so that information is easily findable through the search function and via clickable links. Cross references are being made by a page link, making scrolling through pages and even chapters obsolete. When HR needs to update a page, they update the page directly and version history is automatically stored.
Steps to create a Wiki
1. To create a Wiki, add an app via site settings.
2. Search for ‘Wiki’, click on ‘Wiki page library’ and name the Wiki.
3. Open the Wiki Page Library if the Wiki library is not already opened.
4. Click ‘Edit Page’ and create a new page. To create a new page, type the name of the page surrounded by double square brackets [[Page Name]]. For example, to add a Wiki page named ‘Wikiblog’ type [[Wikiblog]].
Create a new page by using brackets
Click ‘Create’ to confirm.
*Please note that the title of the first page in the Wiki Page Library is ‘Home’. In many cases it is more fitting to create a new homepage with another name such as ‘HR handbook’ or in this case ‘Wikiblog’.
5. When the page is created, the lay-out can be changed, media and webparts can be inserted and links to other Wiki pages can be made. See the headers ‘Format text’ and ‘Insert’ for these functionalities.
6. Click ‘Check in’ (next to edit, see step 4) to view and use the Wiki.
When the Wiki is finished it can be linked to the desired location.